- The teenage brain, why is it more vulnerable to the effects of drugs?
- Reinforce positive social norms in regards to alcohol consumption at this age group.
- What is it really doing to the brain?
- Discuss binge drinking and “blackouts”?
- Provide facts and dispel myths
- Reinforce potential links to mental health.
- The benefits and the risks.
- Provide facts, dispel myths and discuss the potential harms.
Explore CHOICE - RISK - OUTCOME as a harm minimisation tool.
- strategies for a safe night out with friends.
- the importance of looking out for each other.
- who to call if they find themselves or friends in a risky or emergency situation.
- what happens if you call 000 and reassure that support is at their fingertips.
Introduce or reinforce our unique step by step action plan which can help young people to recognize a drug or alcohol emergency and guides them to act.
There is always time to answer individual question!